Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome!


Hello everyone, and welcome to my own little corner of the world. Please, pull up a cushion and make yourself comfortable.



Now, you’ve seen them before, there are hundreds of Goth, or Lolita, or Steampunk Blogs, so why am I adding to the amount? Well… because I’m not just a Goth (of the Victorian Aristocrat persuasion, thank-you-very-much.) Nor am I just a Lolita, or just a Steampunk. Heck, I’m not just a Cosplayer either. I’m a lot of things. Just like you are a lot of things. This blog takes on a whole plethora of fashions, subcultures, and whatnot. Now, every entry might not pertain to you, and that’s not a bad thing, you don’t have to read it if it doesn’t interest you. (Goodness knows the people here for the fashion probably won’t be as into my video-game discussions.)

A bit about me? Oh man, I already had trouble keeping this within a two-page poem for English class, but I’ll try. My name-of-choice (read: Stage name, Internet name, name that everyone-and-their-cat-calls-me) is Harra (or Harra Arial, Ms. Arial, Madame Harra, and the like if you’re feeling particularly formal.) I’m female, and born in 1993 (do the math.) Yeah, pretty young, I know. Because of this, I know some people won’t take me seriously, and that’s okay. I don’t have the wisdom of age yet, and I totally understand it. All the same. I have an enjoyment for things that are out-of-the-ordinary (and no, the goal of this is NOT to piss off Mom and Dad. As many people have said before, I do this because it makes me happy.)

Where else to go from here… oh right! My interests are pretty varied (read: They go all over the place), but the specific things I’m going to write about in this blog would be alternative fashion (with heavy emphasis on Lolita, Steampunk, and Victorian Gothic), Cosplay (and, by extension: Conventions), videogames (well… somewhat. I’m not as big a gamer as I should be.) And the like. Interests that I have that probably WON’T come up as much: Acting, writing, singing, role-play, and… all sorts of stuff. Oh! I also have a major thing for etiquette, I can’t get enough of it (even though I probably don’t practice it as much as I should. I’m polite, but all the super-fine-point stuff is usually lost on me at the moment.) Therefore, expect to see a few posts about that.


Without further ado, I officially open this lovely little blog~ Welcome to The Subculturist!

No comments:

Post a Comment