Sunday, May 1, 2011

100 Question Lolita Baton


Where do I GET these things? D8 Oh well. I love filling out questionaires like this, so let's go~
(1) (Screen-name and DOB, please tell me these~.)
Harra Arial, for almost everything, I'll admit.
4-23-1993. Yeah, I'm rather young~

(2) (height, weight, clothing size and shoe size)
5'3", 145-150 lbs at any given time. Anywhere between 12-14, 16 patterns. Aaand... 7-1/2?

(3) (why did you start to dress lolita?)
I found it on Cosplay.com, studied into it like no tomorrow, and really just enjoyed the modesty aesthetic. (After I got over the shock factor of owning a skirt that does NOT cover my ankles.)

(4) (which style of lolita do you like)
Classical, very much Classical. And Country in the summer.

(5) (express in your own words, the ideal your above answer)
There’s an ideal Lolita? No such thing! … Oh heck, I’ll try anyway. The ideal Lolita dresses for herself, first and foremost. She does what pleases her, but always pays mind to others. Above all, she is respectful and kindhearted. Or even more important: She is nurturing and helpful to her fellow Lolitas, and unafraid to assist a newcomer who might be a touch ita.

(6) (Do you have piercings? Where?)
None whatsoever~

(7) Which brands do you like?)
If I could fit it, I would loooove Mary Magdalene and Victorian Maiden.

(8)(Which are your favourite clothes you wear?)
Any of the jumpers I’ve made, hands down. I love sewing and it just fills me with pride to have someone compliment me on my dress, only to tell them that I made it myself.

(9) how many lolita friends do you have?)
A few, I’m hoping to get some of my few lady friends into Lolita as well if they show interest~

(10) What do you love most about lolita?)
The fact that the clothes make me feel like a princess. Frankly, I like feeling like nobility.

(11) (What do you hate about it? Pet peeves??)
I have a whooole post of that. I won’t get into it here.

(12) (Magazines you've read?)
I read magazines? Alright. I’ll admit, my weakness is Cosmopolitan. (I read it in secret online, so mother doesn’t see.)

(13) (Headdresses, bonnets or ribbons/katsushya?)
Headdresses and ribbons for myself, all of the above for others~

(14) (Yes to Drawers/Bloomers?)
Of course~ … Provided I can get around to sewing a pair. >>;

(15) (do you tie headdresses at the front or at the back?)
In the back, under my length of hair so it doesn’t show or fall out~

(16) (Who is your favourite band/type of music?)
*Snicker* Everything from light Opera and classical to German techno, to new age, to Broadway. If you’re that interested, I can provide links.

(17) (What is your phone ring tone~?)
A nice little jazzy piano solo.

(18) (Do you go to concerts in lolita?)
I don’t go to concerts in the first place, unfortunately.

(19) (For people who attend concerts: Do you headbang there?)
Not applicable, but I DO headbang sometimes, and get reeeaaally dizzy after three seconds of it.

(20) (What colours do you like?)
All da colurz of da rainbow~ 8D … Mostly? Black, jewel tones, white, anything unobtrusive. Really, any colour can be pulled off well~ I’d like to see more browns and emeralds, though.

(21) (What are your hobbies?)
Don’t start with me. XD Singing, sewing, LARPing, text-based RP, acting, video-games, going out to eat. The list goes on and on and on.

(22) (If you have any favourite perfumes, please tell us.)
Do men’s colognes count? I LOVE how cologne smells on me~

(23) (Is there anything you are careful of in lolita?)
Everything? Not exactly, beyond making sure I don’t get into anyone’s way. And that I put on a good impression for “Normal” people so they have a good opinion of Lolita overall. I’d rather think we were a well-mannered, if oddly-dressed lot instead of an oddly-dressed lot full of loud, obnoxious women.

(24) (Do you have any favourite haunts to go to in lolita?)
Ohh, that is a whole different group of posts. I’ll make one later on all the blogs I love.

(25) (how many times a week do you dress lolita?)
it depends on the week. It could be all seven days, or only one or two. Depends on how I feel that week.

(26) (Please tell us an embarrassing story when you were a beginner in lolita.)
I don’t think I HAVE one yet, actually. XD

(27) (Your current hairstyle and colour.)
Dark brown, three feet long, currently wrapped up in a towel while I wait for it to be brushable. (Normally: Held in a low bun.)

(28) (What is your lolita history?)
… Oh maaan, do we HAVE to unlock my goldfish memory? I’m too lazy!

(29) (Do you store your clothes in a special place?)
My closet?

(30) (Did you ever think about stopping Lolita? What was the reason?)
Noooo way. Well, I’ll admit, I was afraid of the community at first, but my local Lolitas are so nice, I couldn’t leave them now!

(31) (What is your motto?)
“You can’t spell ‘Necromancer’ without ‘Romance’!”
No. Seriously. Among other things.

(32) (Your dreams of the Future?)
Live to see twenty? I wouldn’t mind that, really.

(33) ("This person is so perfect for lolita!" - Do you ever think that about certain celebraties?)
Noooope. I prefer to think that about my friends. XD

(34) (Any products/items you have with a fond memory?)
My first ever Lolita skirt. It’s an orange and ivory floral vertical stripe, made by Ms. Stephanie of Silversark.

(35) (What was your first item?)
See above post. XD

(36) (Have you got a pose for photos?)
Mmhmm~ Profile view, with my hands together in a “Praying” pose while looking off into the distance. Due to my using it in photoshoots, it’s become one of my most-known poses as a performer.

(37) (What is your heart's bible? [book/magazine/CD/etc])
I’ve got too many of those.

(38) (what is the best cm for heels?)
I’d say about 1-2 inches, which is 2-4 CM, right?

(39) (Do you wear tiaras?)
… Every other day, yeah~

(40) (Do you think you want to try prince style? What kind of prince? Ankoku-kei [Gothic/dark prince]? Or "prince on a white horse" style?)
Oooh. Not sure, really. I don’t make a very good prince, unfortunately. But I’d love to be the “Shining White Knight” sorta thing while offsetting a friend of mine decked out as a total Vampire Gothy Prince or something~

(41) (What types of lace do you like?)
Cotton crochet, please~

(42) (Do you own a doll? Does it give you fun, childish feelings?)
… Does my Darkrai plushie I got at a Convention count? Because that DOES give me those giddy childish feelings of adoring the dark and macabre things like I used to. (Seriously, what is more Loli than the Freddy Krueger Pokemon? *Shot* )

(43) (What is in your lolita bag?)
Cell phone, Debit Card, Driver’s License. No different from my normal bag.

(44) (What is your favourite flower?)
Oooh. Tough one. Lily of the Valley, or Bird of Paradise.

(45) (Right now, what is your favourite accessory?)
The tiara my Fiancé got me~

(46) (Please recommend us some cosmetics.)
… You are deeefinetely asking the wrong girl. I DO like Nyx’ lipsticks, though.

(47) (With Eye-tape your eyes look like a Doll's! What eyelashes will you wear?)
I stay away from falsies unless I’m performing on stage

(48) (Your eye makeup for these eyelashes?)
Whatever I can jack off of Mum? But I don’t use mascara for falsies. They’re big enough.

(49) (Red Lipstick? Blue? Black? Pink?)
Deep purple, please and thank you~ I’d like blue or black, but Mum won’t let me. However, that’s moreso day-to-day wear, with most of my Lolita, I go for a deep berry red, or a pale beige. Natural tends to look better on me when I’m not being extreme.

(50) (Or which nail polish do you choose normally?)
I polish my nails? I wasn’t aware. XD

(51) (Have you ever changed in a train station bathroom?)
Nosiree. That sounds like fun, though. XD

(52) (What do you think of 'twinning' and 'triplet' lolitas?)
Bring it on~ I’d love to have someone twin Kuro to my Shiro sometime~ (Maaan. That sounds SO dirty for someone who doesn’t know the terms!)

(53) (How do you keep in shape for Lolita? Recommend us something.)
… Pffft. You are definitely asking the wrong lady.

(54) (Do you keep calm when by yourself in Lolita?)
Of course~ Confidence is key, after all~

(55) (How much do you spend per month on clothes/accessories?)
More than I should, I’m sure. Although more of my money goes on fabric to make the clothes.

(56) (Was there a time lag between you knowing about Lolita and dressing?)
About two years, yes.

(57) (What is your most expensive Lolita item?)
Prooobably my $40 blouse.

(58) (It takes a lot of money to do Lolita. How do you save?)
Magic~ ^_~

(59) (Just a little secret here...How much have you spent so far on Lolita, roughly?)
I have no idea, nor do I really want to think about it!

(60) (Is there a Brand you want near where you live?)
Mary Magdalene, please please please!

(61) ("Man, what a rip-off!!" Have you ever thought that about a store?)
I don’t believe so.

(62) (Do you shop online? If so, put the good & bad points here to advise others.)
Etsy only, although I would like to join a group order for something sometime. The only trouble now is convincing Mum and Dah that it’s worthwhile.

(63) (You can say if you want, but is there a Secret person/shop that you have ordered a dress solely for you from? [I guess commissioned/replicated])
Nope. Although I would love to do that sometime.

(64) ("I can never have that/see that happening!! But I will always want it!!" Is there a brand you think this of?)
Most things by Mary Magdalene. Especially the OP dresses.

(65) (What do you do with the clothes you don't want anymore?)
Give them to friends~

(66) (What is your most recent purchase? [Even non-lolita])
My Graduation Gown~ (And if I don’t squeal about that in another post, someone will have to shoot me.)

(67) (Is there an item which you love that you can't buy/seem to find?)
Non-handmade dresses that fit me in the bust.

(68) (What do you think of people who only wear lolita to concerts?)
Let them~ If they’re comfortable, that’s what matters.

(69) (what do you think of Lolitas without makeup?)
Who cares? As long as they look good and are having fun, why not? Goodness knows I never wear makeup except for special occasions.

(70) (Another lolita is wearing the same coordinate/clothes as you!! What do you do?)
“My goodness, I love how you coordinated that~ You look lovely~ Now… I must ask, how in the WORLD did you get the same dress that I made? D8 ”

(71) (What age should you stop Lolita?)
Good Lord, there’s an age you should stop?

(72) (When do you think you should graduate from Lolita? And why?)
Graduate into what, pray tell? I’ll dress like this for as long as I please, thank you muchly.

(73) ("You should stop that!!!>_<;" What must you not do when dressing Lolita?
Be rude. I’m dressed to the nines, why should my manners be rotted to the bone? I never want to give people a bad image of Lolita. (Or any other Subculture I participate in, for that matter.)

(74) ロリィタとはこうあるべき! というような考えはありますか?(A Lolita should be 'this'! What do you think that should be?)
Herself. What else can I demand?

(75) (Excluding #73, is there anything you should definitely not do in Lolita?)
I would say illegal activity. Please. If I hear about any Lolis getting arrested in the news, I will not be happy! D<

(76) (What do you think of men in Lolita?)
Again, let them~ If they look good and are having fun, then who cares?

(77) (Did you change yourself for dressing lolita?)
… I sure hope I didn’t! I know I started sewing more~

(78) (What does your family and surrounding people think of you dressing lolita? And do you accept it?)
Dad amuses himself with the fact that I look like the girls he went to school with, or look like I stepped out of “The Sound of Music”, my Vocal Instructor wans me not to wear something “Too costumey” to a recital, and Mum half thinks I’m cute, and half wishes I would dress like my peers.
Whatever the reaction: I can’t change that person’s viewpoint, so it’s not worth my effort~

(79) (How do you dress Lolita in the boiling mid-summer?)
Without a blouse, socks, and with sandals. Sue me. I live in Arizona where summers mean that the thermostat doesn’t read under 100F. The elitists can please kindly deal with it.

(80) have you gone to School or Work in Lolita?)
Quite often. Although no one ever comments on my dresses, but the hats I wear with them~ (Tomorrow I’ll be wearing a tiara, haha~)

(81) (How do you dress normally?)
… I dress normally? Lolita is very much part of my normal dress. I guess overall I dress formally. Always.

(82) (Do you think twice about buying second-hand clothes?)
Not really, I LOVE second-hand places like “My Sister’s Closet”, and I could live in a Consignment shop.

(83) (Do you have a boyfriend? [or husband?] Does he understand Lolita?)
*Nodnod* Engaged. And yes. Yes he does. Heck, sometimes he goes Steampunk or Aristocrat to accompany me~

(84) (Please tell us your ideal man.)
I have him already. XD

(85) (What Lolita has left a big, shiny impression on you so far?)
Ms. Cherise, she’s one of our local Lolitas, and she’s done a good job of making me unafraid of the community. Not only that, she’s down-to-Earth, kindhearted, and above the drama that may happen. I owe a lot of my confidence in meetup-related things to her.

(86) (Have you made your own clothes? What are they like?)
Of course I have~ I’ve made a few skirts that didn’t fit well, but nowadays I all but live in the jumpers I make~ They work well for Lolita AND non-Lolita.

(87) (Have you made your own accessories? What did you make?)
I make some simple jewelry, does that count?

(88) (The best item you have made! What is it?)
Oooh. Toughie. I don’t pick favorites, unfortunately~ Well, I like the first jumper I made, since it’s the most comfortable.

(89) (Please say your most perfect Lolita coordination you wear.)
Another toughie. You guys are on a roll here! Uhh… I don’t know.

(90) (Do you admire someone? What are they like?)
I admire a lot of people, trust me. Too many to list here~

(91) (One day I will go on a date with that person. What would you like to wear for him?)
Everything I already wear for him? We’ve gone out to dinner with him wearing one of my suits, and me in a hoopskirt-enhanced ball gown. I don’t think there’s many zany things I wouldn’t wear in front of him.

(92) (If you want one, what type of store would you open in the future?)
Secondhand store for vintage, vintage-inspired, and Lolita clothes. Not gonna happen, but I like to dream~

(93) (Your eyes get attracted inadvertently to something. What is this motif?)
Anything from crosses, to roses, to gingham, to anything, really.

(94) (Would you dress your child in Lolita?)
If you mean any neices or nephews or godchildren I may acquire for a day? Sure. Why not. However, I am very happy being childfree.

(95) (How much do you spend on one outfit?)
I try not to spend more than $30 on the focal point of an outfit. (Yeah, I’m a cheapskate).

(96) ("This is Lolita!!" Please say what you would say this about.)
… Anything I find Loliable?

(97) ("I have always wanted to try that once!" What, in the Lolita world, have you wanted to try wearing?)
Gothic Shiro. Hands down.

(98) (Look at you in Lolita. In one word/phrase, how would you express your style/image?)
“You know, I think Dah was onto something when he said I look like I stepped off of the set of “The Sound of Music”!”

(99) (What is your ideal of Lolita?)
I think you asked this already.

(100) (Thank you for taking this Baton!! Please state your thoughts on it!)
A touch long, no doubt, but well worth it~ I had fun here~

No comments:

Post a Comment